In this remarkable second book in the Children of Conflict series, Laurel Holliday presents a powerful collection of young people's memories of growing up in the midst of the violence in Northern Ireland known as "The Troubles. When it would get dark I would lie in bed and be frightened to move in case men would be outside who were going to smash the doors in with a sledge hammer and then shoot whoever is in the house as they have done before. It's an experience you can't really understand -- getting shot in the head -- unless it's happened to you. But the ravages of war remain indelibly etched on the minds and souls of the generation known as children of "The Troubles.
- Children of the Troubles by Laurel Holliday | Waterstones.
- Ambushing Ariel: Science Fiction Romance (Dragon Lords of Valdier Book 4)!
- Site Index.
- Laurel Holliday | Official Publisher Page | Simon & Schuster AU.
- ABSITE Review Questions Transcription and Translation.
Through these stories and poems, we come to understand a little of what lies beneath the surface of this beautiful little country, what divides its people That these writers can be so compassionate and wise, considering their painful childhoods, is a testament to courage and conviction. Laurel Holliday, formerly a college teacher, editor, and psychotherapist, now writes full time in Seattle.
- WGOD The revelation station!
- Get a FREE e-book by joining our mailing list today!;
Holliday is currently at work on the next anthology in the series, Children of the Dream: Growing Up Black in America. Convert currency. Add to Basket.
Book Description Washington Square Press, Condition: New. Brand New!.
Catalog Record: Caught in crossfire : children and the | HathiTrust Digital Library
Seller Inventory VIB Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date. For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Books by Laurel Holliday
Shop Books. Read an excerpt of this book! Add to Wishlist. USD Sign in to Purchase Instantly. Explore Now.
- Petite dactylo (LECTURES AMOUREUSES) (French Edition).
- Guida alle Messe: Quelle da non perdere: dove e perché (Arcobaleno) (Italian Edition);
- 50º Déserts brûlants (Essais et documents) (French Edition).
- KIRKUS REVIEW.
- The Meaning of Life: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)?
- Get a FREE e-book by joining our mailing list today!!
Buy As Gift. Overview In this remarkable second book in the Children of Conflict series, Laurel Holliday presents a powerful collection of young people's memories of growing up in the midst of the violence in Northern Ireland known as "The Troubles.